Oxygen absorbers are added to enclose packaging to help remove or decrease the level of oxygen in the package. They are used to help maintain product safety and extend shelf life.
Benefits of oxygen scavengers
- Helps retain fresh-roasted flavor of nuts
- Prevents oxidation of spice oleoresins present in spices themselves and in seasoned foods
- Prevents oxidation of vitamins A, C and E
- Extends life of Product
- Inhibits mold in natural cheeses and other fermented dairy products
- Delays non-enzymatic browning of fruits and some vegetables
- Inhibits oxidation and condensation of red pigment of most berries and sauces
Oxygen scavenging technology can quickly reduce oxygen levels in sealed containers to below 0.01%.